02 Apr Vend Scanner App Overview
Although many point of sale softwares include very sophisticated programming to make inventory tracking simple, the act of counting inventory can rarely be avoided.
Counting inventory, while extremely important, is tedious, time consuming, and expensive in terms of labor costs.
To combat this, Vend POS created a handy app called Counter that utilized your smart phone’s camera to transform your iOS device into a mobile scanner. Products could be scanned and the inventory count could be exported as a CSV and uploaded back into any POS system. Gone were the days of pen and paper.
The success of this app prompted Vend POS to create a fully integrated version which now goes by the name of Scanner by Vend. Vend POS users will enjoy the added features that come along with Vend’s stock control functionality. Scanner works seamlessly with Vend to sync counts, product details, and inventory levels – removing the need for spreadsheets or manual entry. As you (or multiple employees) scan, watch inventory numbers update in real time!
The app is free to download on the Apple App Store and can be used on an iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch.
Other features of Scanner by Vend include:
• Scan inventory item barcode labels or UPCs using the built-in camera
• Multiple input options: continuous scan (no need to edit quantity for the same item), auto next scan (no need to press any buttons), manual quantity input (scan and enter quantities larger than 1)
• Vibrates/beeps to notify you of a valid scan
• Quick editing: easily correct mis-entered quantities or scans
• Input barcodes/items and product names manually
• Email your counts as a CSV file format, and share your counts via Slack, AirDrop, Dropbox, and other cloud apps
• Seamlessly syncs with Vend’s stock control functionality
See It In Action
For more information about Scanner by Vend, Vend POS or anything related to point of sales, call MPI POS at 800-518-5020 or email firstname.lastname@example.org!