18 Mar Vend Payment Gateway
Vend Point of Sale is a powerful cloud-based POS software specifically designed for small to medium sized retail businesses. Features like inventory tracking, remote access, and integrated e-commerce are just a few of the ways Vend can streamline your business and increase your bottom line.
Vend POS is compatible with most major processors in the US and Canada. These processors include but are not limited to TSYS, First Data Omaha, Heartland, Clearant, EPX(NAB), Worldpay, Vantiv, Mercury, Global, EVO, Global (Canada), First Data (Canada), and Moneris (Canada).
Purchasing Vend is the first step to increasing your retail business’ efficiency but there are still a few more tasks that need to be completed. By following the steps outlined below you will learn about the necessary hardware and their processor compatibilities, what a VAR sheet is, and how to complete a gateway application.
Step 1 –
Select the credit card reader that aligns most accurately with your business. Listed below are the recommended readers with an outline of the included features. All of these terminals have EMV, Swipe, Applepay(NFC), and key entry options. You can purchase these terminals here.
PAX – Compatible Processors: TSYS, First Data Omaha, Heartland, Clearant
- S300 – This hardwired terminal is a low cost option compatible with most processors.
- S500 – A popular Wifi terminal that is perfect if you are setting up a station but the internet is not accessible via CAT5 cable.
- S920 – This touch screen terminal can work on both Wifi and cellular or have cellular as a backup. The S920 is great for mobile retailers or those using Vend for line busting.
- D220 – A compact option with the same features as the S920 terminal.
Dejavoo – Compatible Processors: EPX, Worldpay, Mercury, Global, Global (Canada)
- Z8 – Another Wifi terminal that is perfect if you are setting up a station but the internet is not accessible via CAT5 cable.
- Z11 – Another touchscreen terminal that can work on both Wifi and cellular or have cellular as a backup. The Z11 is great for mobile retailers or those using Vend for line busting.
MPI Gateway Terminals
Ask your processor for a VAR SHEET (value added reseller sheet) specific to the terminal you purchased.
Complete the MPI Gateway application and provide MPI with the Vend URL, as well as the login information. MPI will download the VAR information into the terminal, pair the device(s) to your Vend account and run test transactions to ensure all components have been properly set up. MPI will then ship the terminal(s) to the desired locations, where they will be plug and play ready.
Get the MPI Gateway application HERE. Pricing: $49 set up and either $15 monthly w/ $0.05 or $25 with unlimited transactions and support.
If you require any more information about the Vend payment gateway or have further questions please call MPI POS at 1-800-518-5020 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, and our team will be happy to help.